Please see the table below for a list of costs for the different program options in 2017:
Program fees include the following:
- Curriculum materials
- Otra Cosa volunteer fee
- Service learning fee (small fee paid to partner organizations to help with maintenance of their programs)
- Transportation from the airport or bus station in Trujillo to your accommodations
Program fees do not include:
- Airfare and other transportation costs (assistance will be provided in arranging travel)
- Food (note that the cost of meals in Peru is very affordable; typically $2-5 /meal)
Scholarships and Funding
Students are encouraged to speak with their university’s academic departments and study abroad offices, as many universities offer small scholarships to cover training abroad. Students may be interested in education abroad scholarships, such as the following:
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships (check local Rotary club for specifics)
- PsiChi grants can be used for undergraduate and graduate students who do summer research projects with PASEO.
- David Pilon Scholarship for Training in Professional Psychology
- APAGS Committee for the Advancement of Racial and Ethnic Diversity (CARED) Grant Program
- Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship Fund
Discounted flights to Peru can also be found through:
- STA travel: After buying a $25 ISIC card, students (undergraduate and granduate) can get significantly discounted (up to 50% off) international flights.
- Fly For Good: Individuals of all ages (including non-students) can get significantly discounted flights when traveling to work with a registered non-profit. Otra Cosa Network is a registered charity in the UK and Peru.