Ideal candidates for the language and culture training program fit the following criteria:
1. Current students or professionals in psychology and related fields, including:
- Advanced undergraduate students in psychology or related fields who plan to enter graduate study or work in the field of mental health.
- Current graduate students in psychology (clinical, school or counseling psychology programs at masters or doctoral level) or related fields (social work or psychiatry).
- Working professionals (psychologists, LCSWs or LPCs) already in the field who are looking to advance their linguistic and cultural competencies for clinical practice.
2. Demonstrate an interest in and/or experience working with Latino cultures and underserved populations.
3. Have intermediate to advanced Spanish language skills. (Note that students whose language level is found to be too low can still arrange for other opportunities to volunteer with local NGOs, and our team is happy to help students find a proper placement to enhance their language skills. Please refer to this table to help decide your language level).
If you are unsure of your level of Spanish, feel free to contact us for help with a classification.
How to Apply
1. Download and complete an application form
2. Send application form and a current CV to Brie Kohrt at email@example.com by January 30th, 2017.